Thursday, October 2, 2014

Oogy #5

I am almost finished with the book Oogy. I hope to finish it next week.

In the book, there are many parts that stood out to me. One of the main parts that stood out to me was that Oogy was destructive. In the beginning, it described Oogy as the sweetest, most caring dog ever. During chapter 6, the author, Levin, states; "He tore apart insulated galoshes, flip-flops, scarves, sneakers, shoes, plastic fruits, and the head of one of Noah's lacrosse sticks." (Levin 123) This shows that Oogy was destructive and enjoyed to chew on many things.

Another part of the book that stood out to me was when Levin stated that Oogy became the third twin. He always wanted to be with the boys and wanted to do whatever they were doing. A statement in the chapter that supports this is; "Whatever the boys did, he insisted on being included; wherever the went, he wanted to go..." (Levin 119) This supports how the dog wanted to be included with the boys and never wanted to dis included from them.

My next post will be a summary and a book review. 

  

1 comment:

  1. Rue,
    Good job on your post! It was short and sweet! I like how you put quotes in your posts because it shows a better understanding of your point. Your posts on "Oogy" were very detailed and heartwarming. Looking forward to your next post/book!

    ReplyDelete