Thursday, October 23, 2014

Gregor #2

I have not gotten very far in Gregor the Overlander. So far this book has not engaged me and I find it very hard to "get into" the book. I hope as I push myself to read it more, I will become more engaged and want to continue reading it for pleasure also.

As I ended in my last post, I predicted that Gregor and his little sister, Boots would end up in a unknown, strange world. As I read further, I found out they had entered a world. A world of giant cockroaches and various other giant bugs. The bugs are interested in many different smells. Especially when little three year olds need a clean diaper. When the cockroaches scented the smell, they considered boots as their queen.

To make any further predictions about the book so far, I think the cockroaches know who Gregor and his sister are. I think they will help him find his dad and will reunite them. Next week, I hope to read more next week so I will be able to know if any of my predictions come true.

 

4 comments:

  1. This book sounds very interesting! Also a bit nasty considering there are giant insects. I like how you included predictions into your post of what you think will happen further into the book! Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you continued reading this book even though you said it's not your typical genre. This book does sound pretty creative and interesting. I didn't know Suzanne Collins wrote fantasy books like this! I also like how you predicted about what will happen next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you predicted what was going to happen.This book sounds really good. Who do you think would enjoy this book?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you make predictions about what happens next, it's cool to see other people's ideas about what is going to happen.

    ReplyDelete