Monday, March 23, 2015

Paper Towns

I started reading the book, Paper Towns, by John Green. Being not far into this book, I am already intrigued. John Green is a fascinating author and his topics are relatable to the modern world and the society we live in today. I chose to read this book because of the movie coming out and because I enjoy reading books written by John Green.

So far in the book, Quentin Jacobsen,  the main character, reunites with his neighbor, Margo Roth Spiegelman. Margo breaks into Quentin's room one night at midnight for a favor. Being so late, Quentin freaks out and he doesn't know why she is in his room, considering the fact they haven't spoken in 7 plus years. Not long after Margo opened the window did her dad catch and call her back into the house. After a few minutes, she appears back at the window, covered in black paint. Then they both sneak out of the house into Quentin's car and they take off.

That is as far as I have gotten and I'm anxious to see what happens next. When the chapter ended, they were pulling into a grocery store parking lot and Margo said that they were going to turn wrong from right. I am predicting that Margo is having troubles with her friends and she needs help to fix them. I am excited to see where the book goes and anxious to see why they had to sneak out of the house.


1 comment:

  1. I read this book at the beginning of the year and loved it! I hope you enjoy it too! I like how you gave us a summary of where you are so far in the book to keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete