Thursday, December 4, 2014

Gregor and the Prophecy of Bane

I started the second book in the Gregor the Overlander series, Gregor and the Prophecy of Bane. This book has introduced me to new characters as well as past characters from the first book. So far, Gregor has fallen into the under ground again. He now has a new quest and this one includes him killing a giant rat. The other rats are after his little sister, Boots, trying to kill her. Gregor's new quest has him face new challenges and hardships, trying to complete it without his sister dying.

Suzanne Collins is a very interesting author. She includes different styles of writing in all of her novels. Each novel/story she writes includes and different style of writing. In this book, she writes in third person. She also uses commas and great diction in her writings. Collins includes detailed images in the Prophecy of Bane. Images that become engraved in your mind about what the under land is like.

I hope that this book is as good as the last one. I hope it is better. I hope I continue to read this book at a fast pace so I an read the next book in the series. I hope Gregor achieves his goal and returns to his home safe and sound.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's a good idea to read the next book in the series. I am thinking about reading this myself because of how good you say it is.

    ReplyDelete